We typically recruit for EWN during the second half of Fall Quarter. While each year the team varies in size, here is a typical list of positions we recruit for in a given year (these are the numbers for EWN 2021):
- Day-of Coordinator (1 person): handles all of the madness of the day of EWN – coordinating volunteers, setup, decoration, and takedown. Ensures recording and streaming equipment is properly set up so that the event is well-covered and viewers can engage properly online as well as in-person.
- Pre-Panel Event Coordinator (1 person): plans and coordinates pre-panel events for EWN an hour before the panel begins, ensuring art, technology, and anatomy coverage! Creativity in designing both engaging and relaxing events is paramount.
- Interview Team (5 people): brainstorm questions for panelists and participate in meetings with them that are recorded as interviews, and edit them to be posted to our YouTube channel prior to the event! The goal here is to give attendees a sense of whom they'll be talking to before the event begins so they can ask effective questions.
- Marketing Team (4 people): secure sponsorships for EWN (see the Sponsors page), create promotional materials, and send them out all around UW prior to the event!
- Outreach Team (6 people): lead the charge in making our event accessible, from the website to the pre-panel activities to the panel itself. Work on captioning videos, as well as advertising it to underrepresented or economically disadvantaged communities both inside and outside Washington.
- Tech Team (4 people): create an interactive, online platform for viewers to engage with before and during the event! Design each website page to be artistic and eyecatching, and create some activities for people to do when they watch virtually.
We will be opening applications for next year's EWN on November 8 at 12:00 AM. Applications will close on November 14 at 11:59 PM.