This fall, we're piloting a new wing of neuroscience communication: online content creation! We have three major initiatives we're working on at the moment: a podcast, a YouTube channel, and a TikTok account.
Podcasts have become more and more popular in recent years as a great way to learn while occupied with other tasks; Grey Matters is excited to be a part of this new wave! Additionally, we've aim to be as accessible as possible, and a recorded format improves the listening experience for people with disabilities.
Podcasts will primarily be targeted toward reading aloud articles we've produced, and we'll have production groups for them similar to the way we have them for articles. The following positions are open in podcast production groups:
- Narrators are the voice of the podcast! We just need you for a couple hours to record and you're all set!
- Editors process the audio after recording to filter out background noise, stitch in clips, and add in some music!
- Producers oversee the recording process, equipment, and coach narrators and editors through the process.
We will be opening applications later in Fall 2022, along with YouTube applications. Stay tuned!
If a picture is worth a thousand words, a video is quite literally thousands of images. As EWN has helped us grow our YouTube channel, we've become more and more interested in creating animated videos that partner with our articles. We'd also like to introduce greater coverage of Grey Matters' activities and interviews from neuroscientists in the area. This fall, we're getting these ideas off the ground!
The following positions are open on the YouTube team:
- Video Editors stitch together our videos and reformat and cut clips to be posted to other social media platforms!
- Animators will create the animated, educational clips that partner with our articles to streamline our content!
- Script Editors work with authors, interviewers, and event coordinators to collect footage and plan videos!
- Analysts keep us posted on how our videos are doing on various social media platforms and work to boost interaction!
Applications will be opening later in Fall 2022, along with podcast applications. Stay tuned!
We're envisioning TikTok to be a great space for Grey Matters to share fun factoids, explain useful concepts, and meme about the process! Our current page is here, give it some likes, comments, shares, and a follow!
If you're interested in helping out with making content for it, submit the application here, and we'll get back to you! Applications are rolling.